Marianne Roth is the Chief Risk Officer at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and she is also the President of the Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM). In this episode, she explains how the government thinks and assesses risk on a national scale and how young professionals can get their foot in the door to make a difference within the government.
- A little bit about Marianna and her work at CFPB.
- How did Marianne discover risk management?
- As someone who once worked for TSA, Marianne has some wild stories!
- Someone once tried to sneak an alligator onto a plane.
- How does the government think about risk?
- Marianne shares how the TSA thought about risk and modified their security operations to better serve the people.
- What does it take to be a good risk manager at TSA?
- How does Marianne think about community and expanding her professional network?
- Marianne explains how you navigate different political parties and leadership objectives in her industry every 4 years.
- Marianne explains some of the strategies she’s incorporating to attract new talent.
- What’s next for Marianne?
- What advice would Marianne give her younger self?
- How is the federal government thinking about diversity and inclusion when it comes to the risk management space?
- Mentioned in This Episode: Consumerfinance.gov Marianne on LinkedIn